Sunday, May 9, 2010

More Changes

From my previous posts, I had been alluding/stating a potential relocation to Nashville, Tennessee. Well, folks, that plan has no longer an option for a few weeks now. I had been trying to be positive about it, because I knew that would be the best way for Brent to get a teaching job and I would have some great opportunities for nursing, but it wasn't settling right in my spirit. I kept thinking about all of the things we would be missing out on with family and the whole process of moving and relocating and the fact that we would be leaving an area that desperately needs our help--it just seemed like a lot of issues for no guarantee of Brent getting a job. We had plans of going down to Tennessee the first weekend of May for a teaching job fair. But, the weekend before we were going to go down, Keri and Jeremiah told us that they were moving back to Michigan asap. This news had Brent and I take a step back for a second and re-evaluate if we would want to be doing the same thing after we got down there. After a few discussions, we have now decided to stay and make the best of what we can here in Michigan. We are going to exhaust all options for Brent to get a job in the Saginaw area and if God wants us to stay here, a job will open up for him. After we made the decision to stay, I felt like a heavy load had been lifted off of my shoulders and I was at ease about the future and what we were doing. I know Saginaw/Flint isn't the greatest place to be in the US, but this area needs our help more than any other. I have had a passion to help make Saginaw/Flint a better place for awhile, but have no idea how to get it started. I have complained enough about how bad the crime is and how bad our economy is. Instead of complaining, I need to do something about it. Hopefully I can figure out exactly what that is and how I will be going about doing that soon. I've really been pressing hard into spending quality time with God and hoping that he will reveal those answers to me. It's all in his perfect and precious timing now. I just need to be obedient and wait and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment