Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vanderbilt career?

I mentioned Vanderbilt in the last post, but I wanted to elaborate a little more on what it's all about and the thoughts I've been having about it. Vanderbilt was the only hospital that got back with me about having a tour there when we visited. There are other hospitals outside of Nashville that I would love to check out, because the traffic in Nashville is kind of crazy. I'm not used to driving on the expressway to work, let alone be in bumper to bumper congestion on my way to work. I like to have a peaceful drive, jam to some tunes, and get ready for the 12 hour work day I have ahead of me. I feel I would be more stressed getting to work than actually at work, which, for me, is A LOT of stress already. That's really the only set back I can think of about working there. They have awesome benefits, will pay for school, are super flexible with schedules, have great discounts at tons of places, and it's a Magnet hospital (one of the top hospitals in the world--attracts nurses because of all of the great perks). I did get a call back from Centennial hospital and I have tours set up there when we go back down at the beginning of May. Now, if I can just get Middle Tennessee Medical Center/St. Thomas to call back, then I'll be able to see the whole picture. I've also been applying like crazy to all of these hospitals for any callbacks at all. I'm also having a hard time figuring out what type of unit I want to work in. It would probably be best to work Med/Surg if I want to go back to Nurse Practitioner school, but I really do love working with babies. So, that's another God thing I suppose. Hopefully he will give me that "painfully obvious" blatant understanding in that decision as well. And, I already applied to get a Tennessee nursing license. We really are putting a lot of effort into this state and hopefully it pays off. But if it doesn't and we end up somewhere else, we are happy for that too. Wherever God wants us to be, we'll be there. We are putting it in his hands and letting him do his thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment